Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fully Alive in the Resurrection Power of Christ 2-19-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am alive in Christ; and You are alive in me. ... "But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have died. For since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being, for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ" (1 Corinthians 15:20-22). In the power of Your grace, I choose to be fully alive to every experience and expression of life today. And no matter what I encounter, I will encounter it with resurrection power -- the power of the resurrected Christ fully alive in me. "If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through His Spirit that dwells in you" (Romans 8:11). This is "the immeasurable greatness of (Your) power for us who believe, according to the working of (Your) great power" (Ephesians 1:19). With You for me and Your resurrection power at work within me, who can stand against me (Romans 8:31)? No matter what comes -- hardship, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril, or sword -- "in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us" (v. 8:35-37). This is the perspective and attitude of life You died for me to live. And so I will this day and every day, in honor of an in reliance upon Your sacrifice and love for me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'll be helping lead a Prayer Summit at Centenary United Methodist in Lexington, where our ministry office is based, the weekend of Feb. 29th: www.CentenaryLex.com Please keep us in prayer and come join us if you can. All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org