Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"The Gracious Hand of My God" 2-27-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Abide in me and arise in me by the Spirit of Your Presence in the communion of prayer. ... "Then the king said to me, 'What do you request?' So I prayed to the God of heaven.... And the king granted me what I asked, for the gracious hand of my God was upon me" (Nehemiah 2:4-8). Prayer opens the windows of heaven over those who have influence in our lives. They have free will, but their will is subject to the influence of the God of heaven (Proverbs 21:1). And "all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to (You)" (Matthew 28:18). So to pray in Your name is to pray in Your nature, according to Your will, and in alignment with Your authority. As we humble ourselves under Your hand, to seek You and Your will, You send Your Spirit to initiate and inspire our prayers in accordance with Your purposes (Romans 8:26-27). Then we receive what we ask, in Your timing and Your way, because Your gracious hand is upon us as Your gracious Spirit prays through us to accomplish Your purposes on earth through our prayers in agreement with the God of heaven. "And this is the boldness we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have obtained the requests made of Him" (1 John 5:14-15). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, along with Laura Beach of our ministry and David Thomas of my home church, I'll be helping lead a Prayer Summit at our church this weekend as we grow in our understanding and experience of prayer http://centenarylex.com/prayer/PrayerSummit2008.shtml Please keep us in your prayers that we would experience new life, depth, and passion in an awakening of prayer. I pray the same for you and your church. God bless you! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org