Monday, February 11, 2008

Leaning In and Listening 2-11-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Holy and anointed One, I seek Your face and praise Your name. ... "Pursue peace and strive for spiritual gifts, and especially that you may prophecy" (1 Corinthians 14:1). To prophecy is to hear and to speak the word of the Lord. Lord, teach me how to quiet my soul to listen for the leading of Your voice in the diversity of ways You desire to speak Your words to me. Teach me how to narrow the focus of my thoughts to You alone in simple surrender and active engagement of my spirit with Yours. The children of God are led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14). Your "Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God" (v. 8:27). And Your sheep hear Your voice (John 10:27). I am Your child, a son of God, and a sheep of Your fold. Help me hear Your Spirit interceding for Your saints. Help me speak what You would say to me and through me. And help me humble myself to listen to what You would say to and through those You bring to intercede for me and speak into my life. It seems I hear You say, "My son, listen for Me, leaning in to hear My still, small voice. As You lean in to listen, you lean in to Me, so that listening is a means of My intimacy with you." Yes, Lord. By the cleansing of Your blood and the power of Your grace, I'm leaning in and I'm listening. "Now go about Your day in the faith of knowing You are leaning into Me and listening for Me and believing I am speaking through You, interceding for My saints according to My will." Yes, Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to the Fountain! this Friday Night 2/15 at 7 pm -- the 3rd Friday Night of every month -- for our ministry's monthly gathering of people from many different churches and streams of the body of Christ across our city for prayer, praise, and healing worship. This month Sandra White of Bethlehem Farm Ministries will lead in prayer while Brooke and Shannon Barrett will lead in worship. Hosted in the chapel of Centenary: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY. Contact Marilyn for details at dirofministries@aol.com All are welcome! Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. Hosted in the upstairs community room of First Southern National Bank at 3060 Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. Contact Doris at bndmccray@windstream.net All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org