Thursday, February 21, 2008

Look to the One Who is Always There 2-21-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes unto the hills and open up my heart unto Yours. You are my strength and vision, my help and provision. ... "I lift up eyes to the hills -- from where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. ... The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore" (Psalm 121:1-8). When I lived in Corpus Christi, we would go fishing in the Gulf of Mexico sometimes. I was from the flat, dry fields of west Texas so the experience of being tossed to and fro in the gulf waves was a new experience. The first time, it was hard to think about fishing when I was just thinking about finishing the day with my lunch intact. My friend Bruce taught me to look to the horizon when my stomach felt queasy because the line where the sky met the sea was steady and firm. Then everything would settle down and I could get back to fishing. (At least the fish were really big and fun to catch, so that somehow it made it all worth it!). Sometimes I still get queasy, tossed to and fro on the seas of life that come slamming against my boat. It's easy to get jostled around and to lose my focus. Sometimes life doesn't seem all that fun and all that worth it. But like a good friend, Your Holy Spirit is there to comfort me and remind me to lift up my eyes to You, the One whose always there -- steady and secure, always ready to help me get my balance and steady my soul. You always bring me back to the place "of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God" so that I'm no longer "tossed to and fro and blown about by every wind" that would steal my focus, my peace, and my joy (from Ephesians 4:13-14). And at the end of the day, I can say again, "It was worth it, because You were with me." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays We have two new resources on cd from my week of ministry to the students at Christ for the Nations in Dallas awhile back www.cfni.org : Spiritual Warfare -- Fighting the Good Fight of the Faith. This is a four-part series on understanding the victory of cross and our authority to enforce the victory of the cross in our lives and those we love. The Father's Blessing through Our Brokenness. This is an evening message and ministry of the Father's Blessing we long to have from the Father heart of God, but often seek in the wrong ways that lead to brokenness instead of blessing. But as we will give Him our brokenness in humility and faith, He releases to us the Father's Blessing of His peace and power and presence. Send your order to us by email at MessiahMin@aol.com Our other resources on the web site at www.shop.messiah-ministries.org All of these will be available at the bookstore for the Prayer Summit I'm helping lead on the weekend of Feb 29th at Centenary UMC in Lexington: www.CentenaryLex.com Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org