Monday, February 04, 2008

Peace Will Prevail 2-4-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. The storms of thunder and rain have not ceased through the night. But make them cease in my soul as I settle in to listen for the leading of Your Spirit this day. ... Through the night And through the storm Through the torrent That rages on. I will hold on to the hand Of the One in whom I stand. You are near to my side You are here and You're alive. So I will not be afraid I will never be dismayed. I will rise and take my stand As You stretch out Your mighty hand. Demons flee and storms subside On Your words angels ride. Peace, be still, in my soul. Peace, arise, because I know My God reigns through every storm, My God reigns for ever more. "He woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace! Be still!' Then the wind ceased and there was dead calm" (Mark 4:39). Even as I'm journaling my prayer, the winds have ceased this morning. Mighty are You, O Lord. The wind and sea obey You. I hear nothing now but dead calm. Though the wind and storm may be raging just miles from here, You've commanded them to be still here in the peace of Your Presence with me. Though You hold all heaven and earth in Your hands -- Your nail-scarred hands -- You also know every hair on the head on every child and every desire in every heart. You're amazing and You're love is unfailing. And though the winds and the rains may return on the outside, Your peace will prevail in my soul this day by Your power and grace. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org