Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Surpassing Value of Knowing Christ" 2-1-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the One who is and who was and who is to come. Come into my heart and every moment of my day. ... "Yet whatever gains I had, I have come to regard as loss because of Christ. More than that I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord" (Philippians 3:7-8). Compared to knowing You, it's as if nothing else matters. And, while of course, all the people and relationships of my life matter beyond measure, knowing You is of surpassing value and of infinite significance. That is not to diminish everything and everyone else. It is to emphasis the paramount importance of my relationship with You (Luke 14:26). Without You, literally nothing else matters. But by Your grace and the power of Your love, I am not without You. And I never will be. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org