Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Great Physician's Assistant 3-6-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. When I am weak, You are strong. When I am empty, You fill me up. So I cry out to You in my weakness and open up to You in my emptiness. Come, Lord Jesus, come. ... "He said to them, 'You will surely say this proverb to Me, 'Physician, heal yourself!' ..." (Luke 4:23, NKJV). I woke up this morning still under the prayer shawl my little boy Elijah laid over me last night after he tucked some pillows around me. He said, "I want to lay this over you for Jesus to cover you and heal you tonight." Somehow he has already grasped that there is no power in things such as prayer clothes, anointing oil, and baptismal water, but that You use these things to point us to You and remind us of Your power and Your presence in our lives. These are merely outward symbols of the inward grace that You alone provide. They sent me home early yesterday with my aches and chills and apparently pasty white complexion that was making everyone a little nervous to be around me. It seemed ironic to think about cancelling my healing class because I was sick. But even physicians need a doctor every now and then. And You are my Great Physician, Doctor Jesus. And You sent Your little Physician's assistant to help prepare the way for Your healing grace. I feel much better this morning, having rested in Your peace and be covered in Your love. Thank You for the good helpers You keep in this hospital of Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: http://www.shop.messiah-ministries.org/ Daily Archives: http://www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com/