Sunday, March 23, 2008

"He has been Raised, As He Said" 3-23-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. On this Resurrection Sunday morning, I declare with all heaven and earth, You're alive! And by Your Spirit, You're alive in me! ... "After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. And suddenly there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord, descending from heaven, came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. For fear of him the guards shook and became as dead men. But the angel said to the women, 'Do not be afraid; I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He has been raised, as He said. Come, see the place where He lay. Then go quickly and tell His disciples, 'He has been raised from the dead, and indeed He is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see Him.' This is my message for you" (Matthew 28:1-7). "For He has been raised, as He said" -- in the moment of their deepest grief, You sent Your word to remind Your disciples that Your words are true and they will come to pass. No matter how disappointed or discouraged we may be by the circumstances we face, no matter how impossible it may seem for Your promises to come to pass, Your Word will prevail. "So shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and succeed in the thing for which I sent it" (Isaiah 55:11). The heavens may tremble and the earth may quake, but Your words will remain. As You said, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away" (Matthew 24:35). And when we see Your promises prevail and Your words come to pass, You send us out to share and declare what we have seen and heard with passion and joy. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Happy Easter my friends! He is risen indeed! My morning prayer will come out a little later this week. I'm excited to be in Redding, California at Bill Johnson's church with my youngest daughter Maddie. We'll be growing in the Lord together and having some great father and daughter bonding time. We'd appreciate your prayers to experience all the Lord has for us here. God bless you! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org