Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Humbled by the Enormity of Creation 3-25-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and lift up Your praise. ... "A generation goes, and a generation comes, but the earth remains forever" (Ecclesiastes 1:4). My daughter Maddie and I spent the day exploring the northern California coast yesterday. We saw giant redwood trees stretching up to the heavens. We saw massive waves of the sea crashing against the beautifully jagged rocks and cliffs of the shore. We saw herds of wild elk lumbering along the grassy fields. And all of these marvelous wonders of Your creation have remained and endured for untold centuries. Generations of visitors like us have come and gone to behold their beauty, yet they remain. In light of the enormity and longevity of Your creation, I am humbled by the sense of my own limitations of time and space, the fleeting opportunities I'm granted for my earthly life among Your immense creation to make a difference and fulfill my destiny. In the end, "our years come to an end like a sigh" (Psalm 90:9). So help me use the time I have and give it to the things that are important. But no matter what I do or fail to do in the time I have and in the places I go, keep reminding me of who I am in You. "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting You are God" (v. 90:1). Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org