Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Seek Me with All Your Heart" 3-30-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Awaken me and arise within me. ... "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon Me and come and pray to Me, I will hear you. When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me, says the Lord ..." (Jeremiah 29:11-14). I hear the longing in Your heart for me to seek You with my heart -- with all my heart. Forgive me when I have not sought You; and forgive me when I have not sought You with all my heart. You gave Yourself completely for me; and You long for me to give myself completely to You. Increase my sensitivity to Your longing. You are God; You are all powerful; You hold all the world in Your hands. And yet, You long for my love. You long to see my face seeking Your face in prayer. As You said to Your people long ago, so You say to Your people of every age: "I was ready to be sought out by those who did not ask, to be found by those who did not seek Me. I said, 'Here I am, here I am,' to a nation that did not call on My name" (Isaiah 65:1). Here I am, Lord. I have heard Your call and sensed the longing in Your heart. By Your grace, I will seek You with all my heart. I will call upon Your name. I will come to You and spend time with You in prayer. And I ask You, out of love for You, to not let me forget the longing I sense in Your heart this day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'll be speaking on prayer at my home church in Lexington today. Please keep us in prayer as we grow to become the house of prayer we are called to be. And I pray the same for your church. Thank you for all your prayers for my twelve year old daughter Maddie and me for our adventure in California last week. I wouldn't trade our special time together for anything in the world! God bless you and thank you for joining me in the journey of prayer. Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org