Friday, March 28, 2008

"Teach Them to Your Children" 3-28-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You and listen for Your leading. ... "You shall put these words of Mine in your heart and soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and fix them as an emblem on your forehead. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you arise. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gate, so that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land that the Lord swore to your ancestors to give them, as long as the heavens are above the earth" (Deuteronomy 11:18-21). Lord, let me teach Your words to my children by living them out with integrity before them. Let them see me desperately dependent upon You, rising to pray and living the prayer throughout the moments of my day. When I fail, let them see humility and repentance, as they learn how to seek and receive mercy. When I succeed, let them see celebration and honor for the life of God within me. When I'm saddened, let them see me seek Your comfort; and when I'm filled with joy, let them see Your joy is my strength. May my days and theirs be multiplied in the places and promises You've given us to possess together. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org