Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Third Day is Worth the Other Days 3-18-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Where You lead me, I will follow. ... "While Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, He took the twelve disciples aside by themselves, and said to them on the way, 'See, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death; then they will hand Him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified; and on the third day He will be raised" (Matthew 20:17-19). If I knew where I was going, would I still go there? If I knew what the future held for me would I still hold on to You? You were chastised, condemned, and crucified. Your motives were misunderstood, Your sacrifices were not appreciated, and the gift of Your life was rejected by those You loved. In some measure, the same will be true for me and for all who choose to follow You. "A disciple is not above the teacher, nor a slave above the master; it is enough for the disciple to be like the teacher, and the slave to be like the master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of His household" (Matthew 10:24-25). By Your grace, I do choose to follow You -- not really knowing where I'm going, not really knowing what the future holds. But I know this -- You will be there with me (Matthew 28:20). So give me courage to choose to keep following You each day. As I look to You, give me the heart You had as You pressed on each day into the destiny before You: "Who for the sake of the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2). The "third day" will be worth all the other days. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to the Fountain! for Good Friday this Friday Night 3/21 at 7 pm -- the 3rd Friday Night of every month -- for our ministry's monthly gathering of people from many different churches and streams of the body of Christ across our city for prayer, praise, and healing worship. This month Sandra White of Bethlehem Farm Ministries and I will lead in prayer while Jeff Greene will lead in worship. Hosted in the chapel of Centenary: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY. Please come early for Intercessory Prayer at 6:15. Contact Marilyn at 859-422-1794. All are welcome! Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. Hosted in the upstairs community room of First Southern National Bank at 3060 Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. Contact Doris at bndmccray@windstream.net All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org