Monday, March 31, 2008

True Image 3-31-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I seek You and welcome You and embrace You in my spirit, soul, and body. ... "So God created humankind in His image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them" (Genesis 1:27). You created me in Your image. Though that image has been distorted and tainted by sin through the generations and in my life, You have restored me through the blood of Christ and redeemed me in newness of life. Now, every day, You open my eyes to seek Your face and open my heart to receive Your grace. As I look to You and behold Your face, the perfect image of God, I am "being transformed into that same image from one degree of glory to another" (2 Corinthians 3:18). You want me to see myself as I am, not as I was. You me to see myself created in Your image, not distorted by sin. "Beloved, we are God's children now; what we will be has not yet been revealed. What we do know is this: when He is revealed, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. And all who have this hope in Him purify themselves, just as He is pure" (1 John 3:2-3). With a trusting faith and repentant heart, You "cleanse (me) from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). As I continually turn to You, You continually remind me that I have become "the righteousness of God" in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). As I see You more as You are, I begin to see myself more as I am. Though I am forever in need of Your grace to forgive me of sin and restore me to the image You have of me, at the same time, right now, I have the fullness of Your grace. I am forgiven and free, accepted and loved, holy and pure through the blood of the Lamb. This is my true identity and the true image You have of me. Help me see myself, throughout this day and throughout my life, as You see me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org