Sunday, March 16, 2008

Whatever 3-16-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my eyes upon You. ... "Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything that is worthy of praise, think about these things" (Philippians 4:8). There are many circumstances out of my control and many people out of my power. Yet they may all have tremendous influence in my life. But whatever events are set in motion without my approval or permission, You have given me great power to choose my perspective. When I'm tempted to just say with resignation, "Whatever," You call me to take a more active and aggressive stance. You've given me the power to choose to think on the things that are good or the things that are bad, that are encouraging or that are discouraging, that lift me up or bring me down. Without denying the negative things, I also don't have to dwell on them. And at the same time, I can look for the positive things, and choose to dwell on them -- to "think about these things." Lord, teach me how to do that, to "take every thought captive to obey Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5). I don't want to deny and dissociate, but I also don't want to get drug down by everything that could steal the joy and peace You died for me to have in the fullness of salvation. Lead me to take action according to Your wisdom and will and by the power of Your grace. Help me entrust all things to You, including my thoughts and my perspective, thinking on the thoughts I welcome You to bring to my mind. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org