Friday, April 25, 2008

Anything. Anytime. Anywhere. 4-25-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lord of heaven, Lord of earth, Lord of my life, I bow with my knees and confess with my tongue that You are Lord of all. ... "And he got up, left everything, and followed Him" (Luke 5:28). I spent time yesterday with two different men at two different times Your Spirit sent to our city with a mission and ministry for each -- John from Ireland and Abraham from India. I know You sent them for many reasons, but one reason was to speak to my heart by the witness of their lives. These men of God were willing to literally get up, leave everything, and follow You -- not just one time, but every moment of every day. One literally signed a pledge as a young man, along with the woman of God who would become his wife and life-long partner in the journey, "Lord Jesus, I will follow You: Anything. Anytime. Anywhere." This is the mind of Christ (Luke 22:42). This is the heart of Mary (Luke 1:38). This is the will of Peter, Matthew, Mary Magdalene, and everyone of Your true disciples (Luke 9:23). When You call me to follow You, it seems it's not so much to a place of destination but to a place of surrender. You call me to surrender all, to entrust all, to leave all and follow You in trusting faith and humble obedience. I could never do that in my power and self-determination. And I don’t have to. It's all by the power of Your grace. You give me the grace to desire it, the grace to do it, and the grace to keep on doing it. Then, if I fail when the spirit is willing and the flesh is weak, You even give me the grace to repent, receive Your forgiveness, and be restored in my heart to be ready to surrender all and follow You again. And above all, the reason You want me to follow You is because You love me so much You want me to be with You wherever You go. You know that down in my heart, I will only be truly happy and truly fulfilled when I do. Yes, Lord. By the power of Your grace I choose to follow You. Anything. Anytime. Anywhere. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'll be teaching a workshop this weekend on ministry to others with freedom from spiritual blockages at the 2008 International Conference for Lay Pastors Ministry April 25-26, being hosted in Lexington at my home church this year. Please come join us: www.laypastors.com Laura Beach of our ministry and one of my spiritual mentors Margaret Therkelsen will also be teaching. My good friends Rev. Greg Gallaher and Mary Beth Ludt will be keynote speakers. Call Centenary Church for details at 859-269-2800 Please come join us if you can for our Messiah Ministries Celebration Dinner May 2nd. Our friend and prophetic psalmist Heather Butler from Wales will be with us to give an inspiring word and we'll hear stories of God's glory. If you're not able to come but sense the Lord's leading to join in our vision and calling with your giving or your prayers, please send us a note of encouragement. We're a faith-based ministry raising all our own support to fulfill our calling -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God." Please RSVP by 4/25 to Marilyn Walker at 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com (reservations required for planning). Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org