Sunday, April 20, 2008

"The Things of the Spirit" 4-20-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come cleanse my heart and shape my thoughts. ... "For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit" (Romans 8:5). You use the Alpha ministry at our church to bring many people to Christ. And You also use it to bring many people at our church who already know Christ to become more passionate, committed disciples of Christ. This weekend we're away with the seekers and the followers of Christ on our spring Alpha course to learn more about Your Holy Spirit, how to be filled with the Spirit, and how to live a life setting our minds on the things of the Spirit. And as I teach, I will also learn. As I give out, I will also receive. As I help lead others to You, I will become a more passionate, committed follower of You. Keep crucifying my flesh. Keep filling me with Your Spirit. Keep changing me and renewing me as You keep reminding me how much I need You. Soak me like a dry sponge in the living waters of Your Spirit as I hunger and thirst for more of You. I can't live this Christian life without the presence and power of Your Spirit living in me. And I praise You that I don't have to if I keep making room for more of Your Spirit in more of my soul (Ephesians 5:18). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org