Sunday, May 04, 2008

How Great is Our God! 5-4-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are great and greatly to be praised. I lift up my eyes and open up my heart and welcome You into my day. ... "My mouth will tell of Your righteous acts, of Your deeds of salvation all day long, though their number is past my knowledge. I will come praising the mighty deeds of the Lord God, I will praise Your righteousness, Yours alone" (Psalm 71:15-16). Every one of us has stories of Your glory in our lives. And how good it was to gather together to sing our praises to You and tell our stories to one another in celebration of Your goodness at our Celebration Dinner. How good to see such joy in hearts where I once say so much pain. How good to share in the shouts of victory where once there seemed to be only defeat. How good to join with those know Your mercy, have experienced Your power, and are filled with thanksgiving and joy to testify of Your greatness and inspired to give away to others the hope of Your goodness. "They shall sing of the ways of the Lord, for great is the glory of the Lord" (Psalm 138:5). But we not only celebrate what You have done, we celebrate what You are doing. You are alive and active in every moment of our lives. "Great are Your works, O Lord!" (Psalm 92:5). Lord, open my eyes to see You at work in every moment, in my life and in the lives of all around me. I should celebrate every breath, shout with joy for every smile, and praise Your name forever for the forgiveness of every sin. Let me never take for granted Your greatness; let me always be mindful of Your mercies. "They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!" (Lamentations 3:23). How great is our God! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we were so grateful to have Heather Butler from Wales speak an inspiring word and sing prophetically of God's love and mercy over us at our Celebration Dinner. I celebrate the greatness of God in your life and pray His blessings and mercies extend to you. Thank you for being a part of my life and our ministry. God bless you! Come to the Fountain! next Friday Night 3/21 at 7 pm -- the 3rd Friday Night of every month -- for our ministry's monthly gathering of people from many different churches and streams of the body of Christ across our city for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Hosted in the chapel of Centenary: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY. Please come early for Intercessory Prayer at 6:15. Contact Marilyn at dirofministries@aol.com or 859-422-1794. All are welcome! Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. Hosted in the upstairs community room of First Southern National Bank at 3060 Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. Contact Doris at bndmccray@windstream.net All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org