Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"New Every Morning" 5-27-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I wait for Your word and listen for Your leading. ... "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in Him.' The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord" (Lamentations 3:22-26). I sleep, but You never do. I rise to face a new day, but You are already there, preparing the way. You already know every challenge I'll face and every choice I'll make. You see the end from the beginning and everything in between. So wisdom calls me to seek the One who sees it all. And humility calls me to wait on the One who is willing to walk with me as a sure guide and trusted friend. Why is it so hard to wait and to seek? Why is it so hard to first listen for Your leading? The wisdom is worth the wait. The finding is worth the seeking. And the peace is worth the persistence. You ways are higher than my ways and Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts (Isaiah 55:9). So it would only be wise to humble myself in the silence of surrender before You at the beginning of each new day to seek Your ways and listen for Your thoughts. And in Your steadfast love and tender mercies that are new every morning, You are always here to be found by each one who will take the time to seek You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org