Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Joy Comes with the Morning" 6-10-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be lifted up and draw me near to You. ... "May those who sow in tears reap with shouts of joy. Those who go out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, carrying theirs sheaves" (Psalm 126:6). Tear flow when You touch the tender places of our soul. They are like cleansing streams drawing out the toxins of our pain. Yesterday and last night, as we allowed You to touch those tender places of unhealed wounds, it seemed those streams became rivers and rivers became oceans as You ministered Your healing love to Your people personally and as a church. And now as You continue to draw out the pain and the shame, resentment and regret, disappointment and anger from hearts and souls, let Your healing waters continue to flow. But all that is sown in tears will be reaped with joy. "Weeping may last for the night, but joy comes with the morning" (Psalm 30:5). My wife tells me that when I'm in prayer ministry, I just like to see people cry. And I guess it's true! But it's true because I love to see You draw out the pain and pour in Your love, lift off the shame and pour in Your grace. I love to see You uproot the bitterness and replant Your righteousness, to see the broken become whole, the bound become free, the depressed and discouraged arise into newness of life. I love to see You give Your beauty for our ashes, the oil of gladness for out mourning, the garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness (Isaiah 61:3). The praise is worth the pain. The joy of the morning is worth the mourning of the night. And I look forward to the testimonies of rivers of joy I'll hear about today. "You have turned my mourning into dancing; You have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, so that my soul may praise You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever" (Psalm 30:11-12). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please continue to cover us in prayer for our daily prayer ministry seasons and evening healing prayer meetings this week at the First Christian Church in Kerrville, Texas. The Lord is healing hearts and changing lives. And I pray the same for you. God bless you! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org