Sunday, June 29, 2008

Seek, Listen, and Hear 6-29-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My body rises to greet the day as my spirit rises to seek Your face. ... "Whoever is from God hears the words of God" (John 8:47). You have created us for communication with You. You are not distant, but intimate. You are not aloof, but near. You are a personal God drawing each one of us into a personal relationship. And one of the ways You reveal Your relationship with us is through speaking Your words to us, as You draw our spirits to listen and open our ears to hear. "Indeed, the word of God is living and active" (Hebrews 4:12). Sometimes You lead me to journal our conversations as I express the thoughts that come to my heart and as I listen for the leading of Your voice (John 10:27). "I cry aloud to the Lord and He answers me from His holy hill" (Psalm 3:4). "My Father, what would You say to me today as I listen for the leading of Your voice from Your holy hill and as You draw my spirit up on high in communion with Yours?" "My son, those who hear Me are those who take time to listen. When You seek Me and listen for Me, you honor Me. Just as when you take time to look into the eyes of your child and listen to the thoughts of his heart, so I take time to look into your eyes and listen into your heart. Lift your eyes to Me and open your heart to me, and You will hear My words to you." "Yes, Lord. I do lift up my eyes and open up my heart and listen for Your voice." "My son, these are days of rest for you. Rest now for the journey ahead. Be strengthened now in My peace with your family for the battles ahead. Do not be anxious for tomorrow, but take each day as it comes. And this is a day of rest for you." "Yes, Lord. I rest in You, my Father. And I find peace in Your words that are settling deep within my soul. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen." Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org