Tuesday, June 03, 2008

"The Whole City" 6-3-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me close to You and never let me go. By Your grace, I'll never let go of You. ... "Then next sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. ... Thus the word of the Lord spread throughout the region. ... And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 13:44-52). Lord, let this be the day that whole cities are filled with a hunger for God and whole regions are filled with the word of the Lord. Fill us with Your joy and Your Spirit as You awaken our generation to our destiny. The day is soon coming and may already be dawning that "the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the seas" (Habakkuk 2:14). You are moving mightily in earth in our day. Lord, move in me. Move in my city, in my region, and as far as Your grace will go. I hear the cry of the old hymn rising up in my heart with the hunger and passion You're stirring in me: Pass me not, O gentle Savior,Hear my humble cry;While on others Thou art calling,Do not pass me by. Savior, Savior,Hear my humble cry;While on others Thou art calling,Do not pass me by. Do not pass me by, Lord. In this great awakening to arise and be filled with Your Spirit and equipped with Your word to reveal the good news of Your salvation in the great harvest to come, do not pass me by. Don't pass by my city and my region. Make us hungry and thirsty to settle for nothing less than the fullness of Your presence in our midst. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'll be going to Corpus Christi, Texas today for my Annual Conference where I'm under "special appointment" from my bishop there to lead Messiah Ministries. That's where I used to practice law before the Lord called me into the ministry. Though our ministry is interdenominational and based in Lexington, Kentucky, I'm ordained with the United Methodist Church in the Southwest Texas Conference (the area that covers Austin, San Antonio, San Angelo, Corpus Christi, Laredo, and most of the region between Houston and Mexico. Please pray that the Lord will not pass us by, for it's His heart to fill all hearts with the glory of His presence. Next Sunday, I'll be ministering at a Church of Christ in the Texas hill country of Kerrville, praying for the Lord to fill us afresh with His Spirit there as well. Thank you for your prayers! And I'm praying for you! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org