Monday, June 16, 2008

The World Watches and Listens 6-16-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the hand and lead me by the heart this day. ... "And Herodias had a grudge against him, and wanted to kill him. But she could not, for Herod feared John, knowing that he was a righteous and holy man, and he protected him. When he heard him, he was greatly perplexed, and yet he liked to listen to him" (Mark 6:19-20). As You send me out into my world today, send me out filled with Your Word and Your Spirit. The world watches and listens. There will be those who do not like me just because of who I am and who You are in me. But there will be others who may like to listen because they hear You speaking through my life into theirs. So in these first moments of my morning, set my heart right with You. First, let Your light shine in me so throughout this day, Your light can shine through me. I want to know I go with Christ in my heart. Then, as You explained to Your first disciples as You sent them out, "Whoever listens to you, listens to Me, and whoever rejects you rejects Me, and whoever rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me" (Luke 10:16). Like John, somebody may try to take my head, but they can't take my heart (Mark 6:27). "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6). "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to the Fountain! next Friday Night 6/20 at 7 pm -- the 3rd Friday Night of every month -- for our ministry's monthly gathering of people from many different churches and streams of the body of Christ across our city for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Held in the chapel of Centenary: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY. Please come early for Intercessory Prayer at 6:15. Contact Marilyn at dirofministries@aol.com or 859-422-1794. All are welcome! Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. Hosted in the upstairs community room of First Southern National Bank at 3060 Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. Contact Doris at bndmccray@windstream.net All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org