Monday, July 07, 2008

As Each Day Requires 7-7-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I begin this day, set all things right in my heart and soul. ... "Then Solomon offered up the burnt offerings to the Lord on the altar of the Lord that he had built on the front vestibule, as the duty of each day required .... Thus all the work of Solomon was accomplished from the day the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid until the house of the Lord was finished completely" (2 Chronicles 8:12-16). Solomon began to build the house of the Lord on a firm foundation. And from that first day, he was faithful and obedient to bring the offerings and lay them upon Your altar "as the duty of each day required." He followed all that his father, King David, "the man of God," had shown him for the building of Your temple, and called all those under his influence and authority to do the same (v. 8:14-15). Lord, I thank You for my forefathers in the faith who have helped prepare a firm foundation for the building of Your house in my life. Thank you for the men and women of God who have inspired me and encouraged me through their lives in Your Word and in our world. And I know it's up to me to build upon that foundation every day, to offer myself at Your altar as the duty of each day requires. My heart is Your house, my body is Your temple (1 Corinthians 3:16). Your Spirit is building Your nature in me, one day at a time, that I "may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing" (James 1:4). In all Your people, called by Your name, You are "building up the body of Christ, until all of us come to a unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the full measure of the stature of Christ" (Ephesians 4:12-13). Together, we are the house of the Lord on earth. And one day, as we keep offering ourselves to You on Your altar each day, the house of the Lord will be finished completely. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for praying for us at the Aldersgate Conference of the Holy Spirit last week. Lee Grady, editor of Charisma magazine, encouraged us with an inspiring word and led us in prophetic declarations into the heavenly realms along with Bishop Swanson of Ohio that God is raising up warriors of His Spirit in the Methodist church to wage spiritual war for the spiritual heritage He has imparted to this stream of His body for His purposes. Lord, let it be so! Please pray for us and every part of the body of Christ as we all grow up in the unity of the Spirit into maturity. It would be great to order the tape of his Saturday night message: http://www.aldersgaterenewal.org/ God bless you! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org