Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Heart for the Word of God 7-16-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I watch and wait in the silence of surrender before You again in these first moments of my morning. ... "Ezra went up from Babylonia. He was a scribe skilled in the law of Moses that the Lord our God had given; and the king granted him all that he asked, for the hand of the Lord God was upon him" (Ezra 7:6). Though Your priest Ezra was taken away captive and exiled to a foreign land and subjected to life under the influence of a foreign king, Your Word was never exiled from his heart. And the hand of Your favor never left his head. "For Ezra had set his heart to study the law of the Lord, and to do it, and to teach the statutes and ordinances in Israel" (Ezra 7:10). And when the season of suffering was over and the season of restoration began, Ezra was ready for the move of God in his day, "for the gracious hand of his God was upon him" (v. 7:9). Keep giving me a hunger for Your Word and Your Spirit. Let them fill me and overflow through me. Prepare me for battle and position me to move with authority at Your command, with my hand filled with "the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God" and with Your hand filled with my heart (Ephesians 6:17). By the power of Your grace, I set my heart to study Your Word and seek the abiding presence and favor of Your Holy Spirit. When I go before courts and kings, sinners and saints, and all who cross my path in the everyday journey of life, let them know by Your gracious hand upon me that I have been with You -- in Your Word and filled with Your Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we've updated our ministry resources at: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org, including my new book and the new release of the dvd's from our School of Spiritual Ministry filmed live in Lexington earlier this year. Please sign up soon to come join Laura Beach and me for the overnight spiritual retreat we are leading August 2-3, 2008 near Lancaster, Kentucky, in the country just south of Lexington -- "The Shepherd's Pen" -- Come away with the Good Shepherd to learn to hear His voice and be comforted in His embrace. Please contact Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries, for more details and registration (859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com). Sign up soon to join us for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry I'll be leading July 24-26, 2008 (Equipping and Empowering Spiritual Leaders in Prayer Ministry to bind up the brokenhearted and set the captives free in the name of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit to the glory of our Father). No fee, but suggested donation of $75.00. CHILD CARE AVAILABLE - Please contact Marilyn Walker for more information (859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com) Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night 7/18 (on the 3rd Friday night of every month)for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. I will be there to lead in prayer this month. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org