Sunday, July 20, 2008

Not Empty-handed 7-20-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I welcome You here in my spirit, soul, and body. ... "All that first opens the womb is Mine .... No one shall appear before Me empty-handed" (Exodus 34:19-20). As I appear before every morning in the communion of prayer, these first moments belong to You. As morning opens to a new day, all that first opens my thoughts, my desires, my words, and my actions belong to You. I will not go through the moments of my day empty-handed, because I've not come before You in these first moments empty-handed. You fill my hands with Your hands and my spirit with Your Spirit. You gladly receive my sacrifice of my self as a willing embrace of Your constant Presence throughout my day. ... As I wait upon You in the silence of surrender, it seems I hear You say, "My Son, you may see these first moments as a sacrifice, but I multiply these moments beyond your imagination. These are the most important moments because all the other moments of Your day are set in motion in these. You have used them well this morning." Yes, Lord. Yesterday morning, I thought I was too tired to come and thought I would just "take a day off," but things didn't quite seem right all day long. But You've used even that to draw me closer to You today. You are showing me that my time is a sacrifice but my time with You is really no sacrifice at all in light of all it does in me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, that you for praying for us at The Fountain Friday night. Please keep Shrae Ning from Cambodia in your prayers as the Lord continues to heal her eyes and empower her testimony. She encouraged us all with her strong faith that allowed her to survive through the killing fields as a child and through all the many trials and challenges since. God bless you! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org