Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Wings of the Wind" through Texas 9-13-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I know my Redeemer lives. ... "He bowed the heavens and came down; thick darkness was under His feet. He rode on a cherub and flew; He came swiftly upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness His covering around Him, His canopy thick clouds dark with water. Out of the brightness before Him there broke through His clouds hailstones and coals of fire. The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Most High uttered His voice" (Psalm 18:9-13). My heart breaks for all the destruction of lives and property taking place on the Gulf shores of Texas today. Though I was born on the plains of west Texas, I worked several summers in Houston and started my family and law career at the shores of Corpus Christi. As this huge Hurricane called Ike, as huge as the state, enters in through the southeast gate of Texas at Galveston Bay on its way up the Port of Houston, I know the wind and water is waging war against the people and places of much that I've known. So I pray. I pray in agreement with all the prayers storming the gates of heaven to stand firm as a sea wall undercutting the violent water and waves, reducing the intensity of this storm and its destruction as far as Your grace will go. And I pray for all the redemption to come. I pray for how I know You'll stir up Your people with courage and compassion, with self-less sacrifice and tenacity of spirit to be Your hands and heart in the midst of all the suffering to come. This storm, no matter how huge, will not overwhelm and will not overtake the heart and spirit of the people You've been preparing and positioning to be in place during this time You've always known would come. "Do not fear for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.... Do not fear for I am with you" (from Isaiah 43:1-5). Though You don't cause all things, You do redeem all things as we entrust them to You (Romans 8:28). You are a redeeming God (Job 19:25). And all that is intended for evil, You will use for good. And that is suffered, You will use to strengthen faith and encourage relationship with You and one another in bonds of self-sacrificing love. "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. And the Redeemer shall come ..." (Isaiah 59:19-20, KJV). It seems I hear You say: "The hurricane is the counterfeit of My true storm of My Spirit that is surging ashore through this gate of this nation. I am coming in like a mighty rushing wind. I am sanctifying by the washing of My word. I am bringing down strongholds of pride and presumption, I am rebuilding the walls of My cities with passion and purpose for My people and My kingdom. All the earth will watch and see how I display My glory through My people." Yes, Lord. Let every word that is of You go forth. I know it will never return void, but will accomplish all that You have purposed. The false floods and false winds will don't prevail. Where the thief comes in to steal and kill and destroy, You will bring forth abundant life (John 10:10). When "the earth was formless and void and darkness covered the face of the deep ... a wind from God swept over the face of the waters" (Genesis 1:2). I believe You will do the same as You coming riding in on the wings of the wind. Let Your true storm of Your Spirit surge through gates of our hearts and our land. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for standing with me and all who are praying for the people of southeast Texas. The Lord will turn all this into good, but we pray for the fullness of His mercy and grace for all those who will suffer greatly through the process. I believe destructive storms are a part of fallen nature, longing to be redeemed (Romans 8:19). I pray for the Lord's redemption of all your suffering and the suffering of those you love. God bless you! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com Order our Ministry Resources On-Line at www.shop.messiah-ministries.org -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com