Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Humbled by Hunger 10-8-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look up and reach out to the One who's already, always looking and reaching out to me. ... "He humbled you by letting you hunger, then by feeding you with manna, with which neither you nor your ancestors were acquainted, in order to make you understand that one does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord" (Deuteronomy 8:4). When I'm hungry for a sense of direction, hungry for a sense of security, hungry for a sense of assurance that everything will work out for my good and Your glory, You are blessing me to remind me that I need You, that I'm desperately dependant upon you, despite any slight, momentary allusion that I can completely depend upon myself or anyone else but You alone. Your Word is my bread. Your Spirit is my breath. You are "the bread of life;" You are "the living bread that comes down from heaven" (John 6:48-51). Whoever hungers for the bread of this world for direction, security, and assurance, only hungers for what can never satisfy or sustain. But "whoever eats of this (living) bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is My flesh" (John 6:51). Lord, keep humbling me in hunger for more of You. Keep teaching me how to eat of the bread of the Your Word and breathe the breath of Your Spirit. Keep teaching me the truth of my desperate dependence upon You that keeps freeing me of my dependence upon myself or anyone or anything else but You. As You fed all who have gone before me in the faith, so You will feed me and lead me into the fullness of Your blessings of eternal life. "For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land with flowing streams ... a land where you may eat bread without scarcity, where you will lack nothing.... You shall eat your fill and bless the Lord your God for the good land that He has given you" (Deuteronomy 8:7-10). This is the fulfillment and feast of the blessing You give out of the hunger You humble me to have. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Our friend Heather Butler, prophetic psalmist from Wales, who lead the Healing Rooms there, will be ministering with me this month on Oct 17th, with Phil Jackson leading us in worship. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome! Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. New Location for "Come To The Mountain" Israel prayer! Starting Monday October 6th we will begin meeting at Southland Evangelical Methodist Church 2601 Clays Mill Rd (corner of Clays Mill and Hill n' Dale). All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org