Friday, October 03, 2008

Power in Praise 10-3-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me under the shadow of the Almighty and into the secret place of the Most High (Psalm 91). You are the Almighty, You are the Most High, in every dimension of Your Being -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ... "I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify Him with thanksgiving. This will please the Lord more than an ox or a bull with horns and hoofs. Let the oppressed see it and be glad; you who seek God, let your hearts revive. For the Lord hears the needy, and does not despise His own that are in bonds" (Psalm 69:30-33). There's power in praise. You give me grace to praise You through every problem, to thank You through every trial. When I'm tempted to fix my eyes on my circumstances, Your Holy Spirit revives my heart with a song of praise as I seek my God. The breath of God moves my spirit to open my mouth, lift my face, and fix my eyes on Christ. As I worship You and praise Your name, I remember Your steadfast love and faithful presence through every moment of my past and I'm assured of Your love and presence with me today and throughout all eternity. It's not ritual sacrifice but a living relationship of trusting surrender that pleases You and revives me. You hear the needy and help those who humble themselves to seek You and ask You for help. "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.... Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.... Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will exalt you" (James 4:6-10). As I surrender my heart and submit my circumstances to the power of Your love and grace, You free me from oppression and break my bonds asunder. You empower me to face every challenge of my day in the confidence of "Christ who lives in me" (Galatians 2:20). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. New Location for "Come To The Mountain" Israel prayer! Starting Monday October 6th we will begin meeting at Southland Evangelical Methodist Church 2601 Clays Mill Rd (corner of Clays Mill and Hill n' Dale). All are welcome! Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order my book and our resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org