Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stand Firm in Faith 10-14-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Center my thoughts and settle my soul, as I watch and wait in the silence of surrender to You. ... "If you do not stand firm in faith, you shall not stand at all" (Isaiah 7:9). Faith is a matter of trust -- trusting You, trusting Your nature, trusting that You who You say You are and You will do what You say You will do. "And without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever would approach Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6). To "stand firm in faith" is to stand firm in You. Really, it's to allow You to stand firm in me. As I seek Your face in humble faith and entrust myself to Your will in trusting surrender, all that I need is given to me (Matthew 6:33). Trusting in You, believing in You, putting my faith in You is both the most humbling and most powerful thing I can ever choose to do. When I am weak, then I am strong, for Your power is made perfect in my weakness, and Your grace is sufficient for me (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). That's that faith that moves mountains, because that's putting my faith in the power of the One who moves the mountains, the One who makes every mountain low, who lifts every valley, and who makes every crooked place straight (Isaiah 40:4; Luke 3:5). Lord, where I am too high or proud, trying to trust in my own strength or put my faith in my own power apart from You, come bring me low. Where I am too low, worried or weary, discouraged or depressed, lacking in faith or losing my patience, come lift me up. Where I am out of order or out of alignment with Your will and Your ways for my life, come make my crooked places straight. Come arise and stand in me as I put my faith and trust in You. By faith, I trust You and welcome You to come fill me afresh with Your Spirit and empower me each day for Your purposes. "May the God of hope fill (me) will all joy and peace in believing, so that (I) may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" this day and every day (Romans 15:13). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night on October 17, the 3rd Friday night of every month to hear Heather Butler, our friend from Wales, for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Heather Butler, prophetic psalmist from Wales, who leads the Healing Rooms there, will be ministering with me this month on Oct 17th, with Phil Jackson leading us in worship. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome! Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Click this link... to Register for or get more information about our next Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry on November 12-15, 2008 in Lexington. Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org