Friday, November 21, 2008

Filled with the Knowledge of His Will 11-21-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be high and lifted up before my eyes and before my day. ... "For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light" (Colossians 1:9-12, NAS). Each new day, come fill me with the knowledge of Your will. Form Your thoughts in my mind with Your spiritual wisdom and understanding. Give me grace to walk in a manner worthy of You and to please You in all respects. Then my life today will bear fruit for You. Then I will increase in the true knowledge of God and be strengthened in Your power. As You empower me to live out my day with steadfast and patient persistence to overcome every challenge to my flesh in the power of Your Spirit, You will grant me the joy of sharing in my inheritance as a child of God and a saint in Your light. I may not be a perfect saint today, but at least now -- in these first moments of my morning alone with You -- I honestly say that is my desire, because You have put that desire in my heart and put that thought in my mind. You have answered my prayer to fill me with the knowledge of Your will. "For this is the will of God, your sanctification" (1 Thessalonians 4:3). If I didn't want to know, I shouldn't have asked. But now that I've asked and now that I know, I ask for grace to walk it out in the strength of Your power in the way that You lead, while joyously giving thanks to the Father. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain tonight, Friday 11-21-08 at 7 pm for our ministry's monthly citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the Presence of the Lord. Laura Beach and I will be leading in prayer, while Brooke and Shannon Barrett lead us in worship. As always, we'll have prayer ministry from our prayer team at the altar. You're welcome to come early for intercessory prayer at 6:30. Hosted in the chapel at Centenary United Methodist, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. in Lexington, KY. Spread the word and come join us. All are welcome! For details, call Marilyn at 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Friends, I'd appreciate your prayers for my computer to be fixed. I'm borrowing one in the mornings to write and send my prayer. Thank you for your prayers to cover and protect us in ministry, and our prayers are with you. God bless you! Subscribe/Unsubscribe at MessiahMin@aol.com Order our resources and my prayer book (Maybe a great Christmas present!) at: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, KY 40502