Friday, January 23, 2009

"Look to Him and Be Radiant" 1-23-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me wait and listen so I can follow where You lead. … "I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. Look to Him and be radiant; so your faces will never be ashamed. This poor soul cried, and was heard by the Lord, and was saved from every trouble. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and delivers them" (Psalm 34:4-7). You answer those who seek You. You deliver those who believe You. You save those who humble themselves to admit their need of You. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:3). Heaven pours out provision for those who acknowledge their treasure is not of this earth. Heaven sends forth mighty protection for those who declare their safety and security is not in human might. "O taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in Him;" for by looking to You and trusting in You, we "have no want" and "lack no good thing" (Psalm 34:8-10). When I look to You, I am radiant, because then I see You looking at me. You're not so far off that You can't see me; You're not looking so far off that You can't see my need. The truth is You're very near, looking at me, and seeing my every need. When I look up to the heavens and not below to the earth, when I "seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God," You remind me that my "life is hidden with Christ in God" and that at the end of the day, when all is said and done, I "will be revealed with Him in glory" (Colossians 3:1-4). That's how I look to You "and be radiant" -- radiant with the certain knowledge of Your abiding Presence and constant attention. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end" (Lamentations 3:22). In the light of the glory of Your face, always turned to me and each one of Your children, I remember that "I have been paid in full and have more than enough; I am fully satisfied…. And my God will fully satisfy every need of (mine) according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever" (Philippians 4:18-20). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, here is a wonderful invitation for one day retreats for women of faith from Laura Beach, a Spiritual Director with our ministry: For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit… Isaiah 44:3 You are invited to day retreats of spiritual refreshment for women of faith scheduled throughout 2009. These beautiful days of renewal and healing for women on the front line of prayer and ministry are led by Laura Beach in association with Messiah Ministries. The next retreat will be February 16 at Mountjoy Place in Lexington, Kentucky. Contact Laura Beach at LauraBBeach@insightbb.com for more details and a list of all the spiritual refreshment dates for 2009. Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com