Monday, January 26, 2009

Red Letter Retreat 1-26-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I awaken to begin my walk with You today. … "Then a cloud overshadowed them, and from the cloud there came a voice, 'This is My beloved Son; listen to Him!' " (Mark 9:7). I went away to the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina for the weekend with some friends I've known and some new friends I just met. Judge Tim Philpot of Fishhook International Ministries called it a "red letter retreat" and led us to look only to the red letter words of Jesus in our Bibles. We listened to Your words in Scripture, every time You mentioned "the heart," and then took time to listen for Your voice about our hearts in prayer. Through the many passages of the Gospels, You spoke of our hearts often: "Do not let your hearts be troubled;" "Blessed are the pure in heart;" "What comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart;" "Believe in your heart;" "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart;" "Love one another deeply from the heart;" "Do the will of God from the heart;" and so many others. No wonder we have the phrase, "the heart of the matter," because our hearts seem to be at the center of Your focus and the target of Your message. It's in our hearts that You sow Your seeds of truth and life and love (Matthew 13:19-23). If you can change our hearts, You can change our lives. As our hearts go, so go our souls. I kept thinking of the worship song, "Lord, I give you my heart. I give you my soul. Come have Your way in me." I hear You calling me by Your Spirit and by Your Word, "My child, give Me your heart and let your eyes delight in My ways" (Proverbs 23:26). It's only by Your grace and the moving of Your Spirit that I can desire this or even know to do this. But I thank You that I never have to be without Your grace or Your Spirit, speaking Your red letter words of life into my spirit. And by Your grace, I give You my heart today and every day. Lord, have Your way in me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays I'm thankful for my friends at Fishhook International Ministries ( www.fishhook.org ) who have partnered with us several times to send me as an evangelist and teacher to India to join with Ghuna Kumar and his Gospel Friends ministry. Bob and Doris McCray of our ministry are there now teaching on intercessory prayer and the prophetic destiny of Israel and the Church in the end times. Consider signing up for Ghuna Kumar's Sunday Scripture at www.gospelfriends.injesus.com Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute OnLine at www.shop.messiah-ministries.org