Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Imperishable Seed, Indestructible Purposes 2-10-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Just speaking out Your name changes the spiritual atmosphere of my day. … "You have been born anew, not of perishable but of imperishable seed, through the living and enduring word of God. For 'All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord endures forever.' That word is the good news that was announced to you" (1 Peter 1:24-25). As I rise to meet the day, shall I live by my flesh or Your word? Shall I trust in my abilities or Your power? Shall I make my plans in light of my priorities to take care of all my problems or wait first in the silence of surrender before Your throne of grace until I am "endued with power from on high" (Luke 24:49, KJV)? My flesh, apart from Your Spirit, will fall and fail. My plans, apart from Your purposes, will come to nothing -- or worse. But Your word will endure forever. Your word is the good news that I am born anew, that Your mercies are new every morning, that the seed of the word of God is implanted in my soul and nourished by Your Spirit. Though that seed may be hidden beneath the surface -- sometimes deep beneath the snow and ice, sometimes deep beneath bone dry sand or enmeshed in mud -- that seed is there nonetheless, imperishable and indestructible. And in its time, in Your time, it will bear fruit. Lord, what is Your word for me today? In my heart I hear You say, "My son, what seems like problems to you are the implements of My purposes if you will entrust them into My hands. They are the shovels and rakes, the planters and plows that till the soil of your soul until My seed bears My fruit through your life. In that way, your problems are My problems; and to Me, they are no problem at all." Yes, Lord. That really is good news. And You really are a good God. So as best as I can by the power of Your grace, I choose to live this day by Your word and not in my flesh. Let every problem become an implement of Your purposes. And I know at the heart of Your purposes is Your desire for me to know You, as You make me more like You each day. "His divine power has given us everything needed for life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Thus He has given us through these things, His precious and very great promises, so that through them (we) may escape from the corruption that is in this world because of lust, and may become participants of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:3-4). In Jesus' name pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'm really excited to be invited to be a Keynote Speaker at the Aldersgate '09 National Conference on Spirit-filled Living this summer, July 1-5, 2009 in North Carolina. Please come join us. Register online now for a discount: www.Aldersgate09.org ("Aldersgate" is the name of the street where John Wesley was filled with the Holy Spirit at a prayer meeting in London and his heart set ablaze with a passion for Jesus that ignited a great revival across England that changed the world). Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order My Book, Morning by Morning, and our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org