Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wisdom of Creation 2-4-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. First things first -- and spending some time with You in these first moments of my morning is the first thing You want me to do. … "Four things on earth are small, yet they are exceedingly wise: the ants are a people without strength, yet they provide their food in the summer; the badgers are a people without power, yet they make their homes in the rocks; the locusts have no king, yet all of them march in rank; the lizard can be grasped in the hand, yet it is found in the kings' palaces" (Proverbs 30:24-28). Lord, open my eyes to learn from Your creation. Help me humble my heart for You to teach me Your ways from the means and sources You choose. Like the wisdom of Your ants, let me learn to store up provision in the seasons of plenty to patiently endure the seasons of scarcity. Like the wisdom of Your badgers, let me learn to find my protection in the cleft of the Rock. Like the wisdom of Your locusts, let me learn to be positioned and aligned for the battles and assignments of Your kingdom to come. Like the wisdom of Your lizards, let me learn to be found forever in the palace of my King, in the presence of my God. I have so much to learn. And honestly, I have so much to unlearn. But You are a patient teacher and faithful Lord, consistent in Your principles and merciful in Your correction. "You call Me Teacher and Lord -- and you are right, for that is what I am" (John 13:13). So keep teaching me the wisdom of Your ways and empowering me by Your grace to learn to walk in them. "My child, eat honey, for it is good; and the drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste. Know that wisdom is such to your soul; if you find it, you will find a future, and your hope will not be cut off" (Proverbs 24:13-14). Yes, Lord. My hope is in humbling myself to follow You. My wisdom is in giving my mind and my heart to the wisest One who created all. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --mailto:--MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: http://www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com/ Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute: http://www.shop.messiah-ministries.org/