Friday, February 06, 2009

Speak Up and Speak Out 2-6-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the hand and lead me by the heart today. … "Speak out for those who cannot speak, for the rights of all the destitute. Speak out, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy" (Proverbs 31:8-9). Our words have power. "Death and life are in the power of the tongue" (Proverbs 18:21). Our voices make a difference. "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news … for 'Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the earth' " (Romans 10:15-18). You empower us to speak up and anoint us to speak out, according to Your will being made manifest through our words. "Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you. So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mark 11:23-24). Lord, purify my lips and my heart, anoint my tongue and empower my words as an instrument in Your hand to release Your will in my life and through my life today (Isaiah 6:5-8). Fill my mouth with Your words of wisdom and life. As I depend upon Your Holy Spirit, give me Your will to pray and Your words to say. "Do not worry about how you are to speak or what you are to say; for what you are to say will be given to you at that time; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you" (Matthew 10:19-20). As with all Your sons and daughters of God, who yield their wills to walk in Your ways, available to be Your instruments of grace, our words will have Your power, released in the authority of Your Spirit. Your Holy Spirit is an "Advocate," the "Spirit of Truth" (John 14:16-17). And Your words, released through Your people anointed by Your Spirit are powerful "keys of the kingdom of heaven" so that "whatever (we) bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever (we) loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" (Matthew 16:19). So let us not take lightly this holy calling, with responsibility and authority, to lift our voices and speak our words for the causes and purposes You place on our hearts. As You lead me, I will speak up and I will speak out. I will not keep silent, as Your Spirit stirs me, "speaking the truth in love" (Ephesians 4:15). In Your power and with Your authority, I will speak up for those who have no voice and I will speak out for those who face injustice and oppression, whether by human flesh or by demonic spirits (Matthew 8:16; John 20:21). "The Lord has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word" (Isaiah 50:4). So Lord, fill my voice with Your words today. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I have a number of invitations for our School of Spiritual Ministry for pastors and leaders overseas and would welcome your frequent flyer miles contributions. If you would be interested in joining with us in this way in ministry to nations not as financially blessed as ours, please send me a note: MessiahMin@aol.com Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's city-wide gathering in the unity of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org