Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Who is Jesus?" 2-12-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek You and I need You; I thank You that You are always here. One with the Father, One with the Holy Spirit, Son of God be One within me … "He asked, 'Who are You, Lord?' The reply came, 'I am Jesus …' " (Acts 9:5). Tonight I'll be teaching one of the first lessons of the Alpha Course at my home church, "Who is Jesus?" As the course encourages, people will come with their questions and even their doubts from various walks of life and various concepts of their answer to that question. Over the next ten weeks or so, some will have a Damascus Road experience like Paul, as their lives will be changed forever through a real and powerful encounter with the living God. Others will experience a more gradual process, as their doubts diminish and their questions are answered, until they come to the knowledge of the truth and a choice of commitment. Still others will finish the course with even more questions, but having found a place where it's ok to ask them, among loving and patient people who are willing to listen. But right now, Your Holy Spirit is bringing to mind many faces of those I've seen ask their questions and find their Answer. That's what keeps me coming back and keeps me going out to find some other people with their questions to ask. You asked of Your first disciples, "Who do you say that I am?" (Matthew 16:15) And You ask that question of each of us. There's no question that's more important, other than the question of what will we do with the Answer. Sadly, some know the right answer, but then make the wrong choice in response. Your heart is the Father's heart -- that we would know You and love You and embrace the love You have for us. "No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father's heart, who has made Him known" (John 1:18). So as I join the other seekers tonight, I want to seek to know You more, to love You more, and to embrace more of Your love for me. And I want to be part of Your plan to help others find the Answer to the simple question You've put deep within the soul You've ever created -- "Who are You?" In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'm really excited to be invited to be a Keynote Speaker at the Aldersgate '09 National Conference on Spirit-filled Living this summer, July 1-5, 2009 in North Carolina. Please come join us. Register online now for a discount: www.Aldersgate09.org ("Aldersgate" is the name of the street where John Wesley was filled with the Holy Spirit at a prayer meeting in London and his heart set ablaze with a passion for Jesus that ignited a great revival across England that changed the world). For my Methodist friends who are deeply hungry for more of the Spirit, let me say that Aldersgate is a highlight of my year every summer. You won't be dissappointed! Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order My Book, Morning by Morning, and our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org