Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Faith Working through Love" 3-25-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Mighty and merciful God, my Rock and my Redeemer, be with me now and throughout my day. … "For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is also dead" (James 2:26). My faith is the root and my works are the fruit. There can be no fruit without the root. Yet even a deep root that's borne much fruit in its seasons, will wither and die without being rooted and grounded in good soil, drawing deeply from Your living waters. That's the principle of the cursed fig tree. When you saw no fruit, You pronounced the truth that its roots were withered and dead, no longer alive to the purpose and nature for which it was created. "In the morning as they passed by, they saw the fig tree withered away to its roots. Then Peter remembered and said to them, 'Rabbi, look! The fig tree that You cursed has withered.' Jesus answered them, 'Have faith in God' " (Mark 11:20-22). Lord, fill my heart with Your faith every day. Draw me near to You; draw me deep within You. As I abide in You and You abide in me, in a daily journey of faith and trust, my roots grow stronger and deeper. And my life bears the good works of Your fruit. "Abide in Me as I abide in You. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in Me" (John 15:4). A life without the works of God is a life without the faith of God, because true faith can't help but express the goodness of God. "For in Him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28). True faith moves us to act, to live our faith. When we live in You, You move through us in the goodness of Your nature and in the power of Your love. "The only thing that counts is faith working through love" (Galatians 5:6). Lord, I want my life to count. I want the fruit of my works of love to display the depth of my faith in You. That's not earning my salvation by works, that's living my salvation by faith. As You said long ago, "Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works that these …" (John 14:12). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please Save the Date of Friday Night, April 24th for our annual Messiah Ministries Celebration Dinner in Lexington to celebrate all the Lord is doing through our ministry and share our vision and calling with all our supporters and friends. You are invited! Please make plans to come and bring some friends who may have a heart for what we are doing. Invitation Attached. For planning, we will need an RSVP to Marilyn or a table host: DirOfMinistries@aol.com We always need lots of volunteers to help also, so please send us a note if you'd like to help in that way or contribute for the banquet. Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order My Book, Morning by Morning, and our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org