Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Unloved" 3-17-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Like broken bread and poured out wine, I open my heart and pour out my life before You today. … "When the Lord saw that Leah was unloved, He opened her womb …" (Genesis 29:31). Out of Leah's season of heartbreak and dishonor, You moved in power to open her womb and began to bring forth the sons of the tribes of Israel. One of those sons would be named Judah, for even in her pain and shame of being unloved, she said, "I will praise the Lord" (v. 29:35). And out of the lineage of this son, conceived in such a season of sorrow, would one day come the One who would be the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. He would be "despised and rejected … a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief," yet willing to lay down His life in love in the ultimate display of the power of Your love, even for those who didn't want it (Isaiah 53:3, NKJV). When we feel unloved, You fill us with Your love. When we feel despised and rejected, You affirm us and accept us. Through our heartaches, You still touch the hearts of others. And You still move in power to touch ours. "But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.' So I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, The Fountain will be held in a different location this month due to a major weekend conference at our normal location. This month we will meet in the upstairs Community Room of First Southern National Bank at Harrodsburg Rd. and Corporate Dr. in Lexington on Friday Night, March 20. Please come and spread the word. Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night, 3/20, on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room of First Southern Nat'l Bank this month. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send Marilyn a note at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order my Book, Morning by Morning, and our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org