Monday, March 09, 2009

We The People Who Pray 3-9-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Keep coming into my heart, keep pouring Your Spirit into my spirit, keep living Your life through my life. … "I was ready to be sought out by those who did not ask, to be found by those who did not seek Me. I said, 'Here I am, Here I am,' to a nation that did not call on My name" (Isaiah 65:1). Our nation needs answers. We need wisdom beyond our capacity to know. We need power to overcome beyond our capacity to release. Questions of our security, provision, and peace are never far from mind. The search for answers and the frustration of failing to find them is ever at hand. We are a nation of increasing awareness of our own incapacity to work out our problems in our own wisdom and power apart from You. But at its heart, a nation is not its leaders or its form of government. A nation is its people. And as a people we do have the capacity to humble ourselves together in prayer, to call upon the name of the God who is ready to be found, and to seek the wisdom and power of the One who is the only answer and our only hope. Our hope is not in a man or a government. Our hope is in You alone. No matter what our leaders of our government may choose, we the people can choose You. All may not turn to You. Some may continue to spurn You and mock You and those who do. "I held out My hands all day long to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, following their own devices; a people who provoke Me to My face continually…" (v. 65:2-3). But our actions need not be controlled by their actions. Their rebellion need not be our rebellion. You always set before us the choice of humbling ourselves in prayer, repentance, and faith for the healing of our land and the restoration of the blessings and favor of God (2 Chronicles 7:14). We the people who are willing to humble themselves to call on Your name together in prayer in gatherings of two or three across this land have the capacity to welcome the wisdom and power of the very presence of God in the midst of all our problems and questions. "Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in My name, I am there among them" (Matthew 18:19-20). Holy Spirit of the Living God, move among us. Bring us together in prayer. Out of our desperation, let there be intense intercession. Out of our isolation, let there be a hunger for community in faith. Out of our fears and anxieties, let there be a deeper surrender to the One who is our only hope. In that way, You will use even these times of tribulation to work together for good, reminding us of how firm our foundation has been all along. "Therefore thus says the Lord God, See I am laying in Zion a foundation stone, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation: 'One who trusts will not panic' " (Isaiah 28:16). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling to the Kingdom of God through Messiah Ministries On-line at http://www.shop.messiah-ministries.org/