Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Deeper Still 4-14-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face, listen for Your voice, and embrace Your Spirit, as I begin my day with You. … "While they were talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, 'Peace be with you' " (Luke 24:36). Your heart for me is always peace. You want me to know the peace -- the shalom -- of God, to be at peace with You, at peace with one another, at peace within myself. You speak to my fears and doubts (v. 24:38). And You remind me to look and see the strength and power of Your steadfast love forever revealed in Your nail-scarred hands and feet (v. 24:39). In the power of Your resurrection, I need not worry or let my heart be troubled, but only believe that You are with me (John 14:1). I need not deny the very real reality of whatever tribulations and troubles I face, because You peace is deeper still. "Behold, I will extend peace to her peace like a river" (Isaiah 66:12). Thank You for the peace of Your resurrection power. Thank You for the freedom to be honest with my struggles and fears. And thank You for the faith to know You always come and stand with me through them all. No matter how deep the waters may rise, Your peace is deeper still. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain This Friday Night, April 17th. We have special guests coming with the exciting and anointed Drum Corp and Drama Dance Team. We'll be meeting in the main sanctuary at Centenary United Methodist Church at 7 pm. The Fountain is our ministry's monthly gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Please spread the word and come join us! Please Come Join Us Friday Night, April 24th for our annual Messiah Ministries Celebration Dinner in Lexington to celebrate all the Lord is doing through our ministry and share our vision and calling with all our supporters and friends. You are invited and Dinner is Free! Please make plans to come and bring some friends who may have a heart for what we are doing. For planning, we will need an RSVP to Marilyn or a table host: DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order My Book, Morning by Morning, and our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org