Friday, April 10, 2009

Forsaken for Me 4-10-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. When I survey the wondrous cross, I see the One who loves me and suffered for me, the One who calls me to come and live my life in You, as You come and live Your life through me. … "When it was noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon. At three o'clock Jesus cried out with a loud voice, 'Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?' which means, 'My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?' … Then Jesus gave a loud cry and breathed His last" (Mark 15:33-37). You were forsaken in that moment when all the sin and suffering of all the generations of broken, fallen men of a broken, fallen world were borne upon You. In that moment, light became darkness, the sinless One became sin, so that the sinful ones could become the righteousness of God through the blood of Your cross. "For our sake, He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:21). In that moment You were forsaken, I was found and forgiven. You were forsaken for me. I can hardly bear it To think of all Your bore I can hardly watch it To see Your crown of thorns I can hardly feel it To know the pain You knew I can hardly hold back From giving all to You You love me And You gave Your life for me You love me, Lord, more than I know You took my sin for me And You took my shame from me You love me, Lord, more than I know So I will look with wonder As I hear the thunder I will stand with awe through the darkest day And I will praise Your glory And share Your awesome story Of my God who loves and dies so I am saved You love me And You gave Your life for me You love me, Lord, more than I know You took my sin for me And You took my shame from me You love me, Lord, more than I know Thank You, Lord, for loving me and giving Your life for me. As I sing this song of praise You've written on my heart today, I forever proclaim my love and my honor to the One who suffered and died for me. Because You were willing to be forsaken in that moment of darkness, I never will be. By Your grace and through Your sacrifice, I will live forever in the light of Your love. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we have special guests coming to The Fountain this month on April 17th with the Drum Corp and Drama Dance Team from our friends at The Tabernacle Church in Prestonsburg. A flyer is attached. Please spread the word and come join us! Please Come Join Us Friday Night, April 24th for our annual Messiah Ministries Celebration Dinner in Lexington to celebrate all the Lord is doing through our ministry and share our vision and calling with all our supporters and friends. You are invited and Dinner is Free! Please make plans to come and bring some friends who may have a heart for what we are doing. Our invitation card is attached. For planning, we will need an RSVP to Marilyn or a table host: DirOfMinistries@aol.com We always need lots of volunteers to help also, so please send us a note if you'd like to help in that way. God bless you during this Holy Week. If you're in the Winchester, Kentucky area, please come join us each morning at 7 am for community-wide Holy Week services, where we worship together and I share a word each morning hosted at the Winchester First United Methodist Church with Pastor James Williams www.winfumc.org Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502