Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Good Morning Words 4-15-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am, Lord. And I thank that as I sit down in my prayer chair and speak out these good morning words in the rhythm of my day that seem to call my spirit to attention and into the communion of prayer, here You are. … "Let me hear of Your steadfast love in the morning, for in You I put my trust. Teach me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul" (Psalm 143:8). There seem to be places and times throughout the rhythms of our days that seem to awaken certain feelings and thoughts we don't normally have at other places and times. Like a pair of well-worn jeans, there's something comfortable and consistent that forms kind of a "settledness" and security of the soul. Getting up in the morning before the dawn of the day and into my prayer chair in the corner of my bedroom by my bookcase and window is one of those places and times to me. This is one of those sacred places where You seem to drawn me near and where You're always waiting. Your Holy Spirit begins to move in my human spirit to draw me deeply in the living waters of Your Word and into the strong embrace of Your Presence. No matter what I've gone through the day before or what I'll face in the day ahead, You speak into my spirit Your words of life and security and steadfast love. You begin to form Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. This is one of the deeply personal ways You guide my steps and You teach me the way that I should go, as I lift up my soul and put my trust in You alone. Here in this place and here at this time, as I speak out these good morning words, You remind me that You've already provided the full measure of all the grace I'll need this day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain This Friday Night, April 17th. We have special guests coming with the exciting and anointed Drum Corp and Drama Dance Team. We'll be meeting in the main sanctuary at Centenary United Methodist Church at 7 pm. The Fountain is our ministry's monthly gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Please spread the word and come join us! Please Come Join Us Friday Night, April 24th for our annual Messiah Ministries Celebration Dinner in Lexington to celebrate all the Lord is doing through our ministry and share our vision and calling with all our supporters and friends. You are invited and Dinner is Free! Please make plans to come and bring some friends who may have a heart for what we are doing. For planning, we will need an RSVP to Marilyn or a table host: DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order My Book, Morning by Morning, and our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org