Wednesday, April 01, 2009

With Me All Along 4-1-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am Yours and You are mine. As I watch and wait for Your leading, I sense Your Holy Spirit writing a new song in my heart this morning … As we walk on this journey As we walk down this path You teach me Your wisdom And how to walk in Your ways Sometimes, though You're near me I wander off on my own Sometimes it takes awhile to find You Though You've been with me all along You're the God who never leaves me You're the God who never fails You're the God who's always with me Always reaching to me, against the nails You never turn Your back to me Though You'd allow me to turn mine to You With a broken Father's heart You'd keep calling Until I came running home once again In You, even my mistakes are my teacher Even my failures become wisdom by Your grace You don't waste a moment of my suffering You cleanse them all through the blood of Your pain You're the God who never leaves me You're the God who never fails You're the God who's always with me Always reaching to me, against the nails … Yes, Lord. I am never alone, never abandoned, never lost without Your love, no matter where my journey leads. When Jacob was cast out from his family, on a journey a long way from home, You opened the heavens over him in a dream to remind him of the God who is always with him. "And the Lord stood beside him and said, 'I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and to your offspring… and all the families of the earth shall be blessed in you and your offspring. Know that I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you' " (Genesis 28:13-15). As I understand the story of this forefather in the faith, You spoke these words to Jacob before he turned to You as Lord and acknowledged You as God. But as he awoke in morning from his dream, he declared, "Surely the Lord is this place!" (Genesis 28:16). I thank You that I know You, and that You know me. You are my Lord and my God. I can wake up every morning, no matter where I am along my journey, knowing You are here with me, even here within me, by Your Holy Spirit. And I can declare with the assurance of faith, "Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place!" -- here in this place You've prepared for me in my heart. And I can remember and celebrate Your promise, "I will never leave you or forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order My Book, Morning by Morning, and our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org