Friday, May 22, 2009

Realigned in Good Order 5-22-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak Lord, for I am listening. Lead, Lord, for I want to follow. ... "I say this for your own benefit, not to put any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and unhindered devotion to the Lord" (1 Corinthians 7:35). By Your grace, keep my heart and soul in "good order." By Your Spirit, keep drawing me to the place of "unhindered to the Lord." Through the distractions and battles with the world, the flesh, and the devil, it's easy to get out of order and let my devotion be hindered. So I am forever in need of Your mercy and patience. Help me be merciful and patient with those around me, and with myself. I thank You that "the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, (that Your) mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23). Sometimes on the road of my journey, my wheels can get out of alignment. There can be so many pot-holes, ditches, rugged terrain, and even collisions. And the ride is not so smooth anymore. When it really gets bad, my steering wheel starts to shake and tremble in my hands. That's when I know it's time for an alignment. Sometimes it's more of a realignment. Though it takes time, it's costly, and can seem unproductive at the moment, it's something that has to be done. Or else, like Elijah, "the journey will be too much for (me)" (1 Kings 19:7). These morning times of looking to You in the silence of surrender and waiting for Your leading in the peace of Your presence are my times of alignment and realignment. These are the times when You bring my "spirit and soul and body" back into Your good order as I was created to be (1 Thessalonians 5:23). Here in the place of contemplative prayer, seeking Your face and listening for Your voice, You set my soul right and work out the kinks of the journey. You restore my thoughts and desires to "a pure and sincere devotion to Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3). And then I can arise and go forth into my day and along the road of my journey, at least starting out again realigned in "good order." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays If you're in the Austin, Texas area, please come to our Healing Conference, Next Week, May 28-30 at Covenant United Methodist Church in Austin, TX that I'll be leading with Dan Van Nice. I'll be ministering on inner healing and Dan will be ministering on physical healing Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday. RSVP required (512) 673-2652 oremail Giana: servantsofthemosthighGod@gmail.com A flyer is attached. Please come and spread the word! Friends, please come join us for the Aldersgate '09 Conference on Spirit-filled Living this summer, July 1-5. I'm excited to be a Keynote Speaker this year in Greesboro, NC, preaching the Friday Night message on Healing and also teaching equipping sessions on prayer ministry: www.aldersgate09.org Please register on-line now and spread the word! Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org