Monday, June 15, 2009

"He Restores My Soul" 6-15-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I wait in the silence of surrender before You at the beginning of this new day, align my thoughts and desires with Yours. ... "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake" (Psalm 23:1-3, NKJV). You are the God who restores my soul and renews my spirit. You feed me in the green pastures of Your Word and keep me safe and secure under the watchful gaze of Your Spirit. You heal the wounds of body and soul, heart and life. You straighten and correct all that is out of joint. And You fight off anything that would try to cripple my walk, take my joy, or steal the peace of my soul. And when it's time to rise and go, You lead me in the paths of righteousness -- the paths where You know what is right for me. I can't see where those paths will lead and I don't know all that lies ahead, but You do. You see the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end. All things are eternally present to You. There may be valleys of the shadow of death along the way, but I trust You to lead me through those valleys (v. 23:4). There may be spiritual enemies of my soul who seek to steal and kill and destroy, but You are greater than any enemy I'll face; and You promise to prepare a table of blessing and honor for me even in their presence for all of them to see (v. 23:5). In fact, that's the very place where You will "anoint my head with oil" and fill me up with Your Spirit until "my cup runs over" (v. 23:5). You love to redeem a hundredfold all that comes against me, using all that is intended for evil for my good; so "I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me" (v. 23:4). One day at the end of my journey, I will look back in awe at Your faithful guidance and mighty protection and provision in so many ways I couldn't always see or hear or feel. But it will have always been true and I will see that You were always there. So give me grace to know by faith now what I will know by sight then: "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever" (v. 23:6). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please register on-line to come join us for these Messiah Ministries prayer ministry events later this summer: July 31-August 2, 2009 -- Healing Prayer Weekend at Cliffview Retreat Center in Lancaster, Kentucky led by Tommy Hays. You'll receive teaching and ministry in a peaceful, worshipful retreat setting. Spiritual Principles of Deep Healing— Explore God’s order in every dimension in spirit, soul, and body. Past hurts require healing to realize true freedom. It’s only God’s redemptive power that can bring us back to God’s created plan. Hindrances To Healing— Scripture provides principles that reveal possible barriers that hinder healing, freedom and wholeness. These given over to God, prepare the way for God’s powerful healing love. For Information or To Register: ClickHereToRegisterHealingWeekend August 10-13, 2009 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry - Level I Come for a focused time of training, equipping, and impartation through discipleship, personal ministry, and mentoring, led by Tommy Hays and the teaching team. We will study and experience a biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For Information or To Register: ClickHereToRegisterSchoolOfMinistry Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org