Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Sure and Steadfast Anchor 6-9-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You, Lord. And I know You love me. So I choose to see everything else that comes and goes in my life in the light of that truth. ... "We have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul ..." (Hebrews 6:19). It seems I'm going to be going through a painful transition in my marriage. It's not the road I choose, but it's the road I find myself on. But no matter where that road will lead, I do know You'll be with all of us every step of the way. You are the God who never leaves us and never forsakes us, using every experience of life to teach us how certain and sure You love for us really is (v. 13:5). There is no big sin or scandal, just "complicated" reasons, she says. And I have very "complicated" feelings as well. I can't control the choices of those around me, but I can try to choose right responses. And when I stumble, I can choose to turn to the only One who is always right. No doubt this will be another season of deep brokenness in my life, where You will keep leading me to come to the end of myself. You'll show me things in my heart and soul that need to change. Some may need to heal, some may need to die, some may yet be resurrected to life. But as best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to keep putting my life in Your hands -- healing hands with nail-scarred proof of Your unfailing love for me and every person in my life. This is my hope. This is the sure and steadfast anchor of my soul. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Dear Friends, many have been walking with us and praying with us at varying levels of relationship for awhile. I apologize for any disappointment any may feel in me, and would really appreciate your prayers for my family through whatever may come. But I have no doubt that our God always redeems all things we will entrust into His care. Please join with me in entrusting all of this into His hands. God bless you and thank you for joining me in the journey of prayer and life. Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org