Thursday, June 18, 2009

To Die and Live 6-18-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be high and lifted up in the place of honor and authority throughout my day. ... "The saying is sure: If we have died with Him, we will also live with Him; if we endure, we will also reign with Him; if we deny Him; He will also deny us; if we are faithless, He remains faithful -- for He cannot deny Himself" (2 Timothy 2:11-13). Lord, what does it mean to die with You and to live with You? ... It seems I hear You say, "My son, to live and to die with Me is to entrust yourself to Me. It's your choice to allow Me to change the way you think and choose and feel in your mind and will and emotions. It's a daily death and a daily life. As you die daily, you live forever in Me." Yes, Lord. That's what I choose. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Help me die to my will and entrust myself to Your will. Transform my nature into Your nature, a little more each day and all along the way. Expose and uproot those things in me that are not yet like You, and replace them with Your Spirit. You increase as I decrease, and make me more like You. It's in You that I want to "live and move and have (my) being" (Acts 17:28). It's in You that I want to be "crucified with Christ" and made alive "in Christ." Let it become more true each day that "it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:19-20). So Lord, as best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust myself to You. Let it become true on earth, as it already is in heaven, that all I am and all I have is Yours. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain This Friday Night 6/19! --the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com It's not too late to register to come join us the first week of July in Greensboro, NC for the annual Aldersgate Conference on Spirit-filled Living: www.Aldersgate09.org It's always a refreshing, empowering highlight for my year, and I'm excited to be a Keynote Speaker this year with a message on healing. Please register on-line to come join us for these Messiah Ministries prayer ministry events later this summer: July 31-August 2, 2009 -- Healing Prayer Weekend at Cliffview Retreat Center in Lancaster, Kentucky led by Tommy Hays. You'll receive teaching and ministry in a peaceful, worshipful retreat setting. Spiritual Principles of Deep Healing— Explore God’s order in every dimension in spirit, soul, and body. Past hurts require healing to realize true freedom. It’s only God’s redemptive power that can bring us back to God’s created plan. Hindrances To Healing— Scripture provides principles that reveal possible barriers that hinder healing, freedom and wholeness. These given over to God, prepare the way for God’s powerful healing love. For Information or To Register: ClickHereToRegisterHealingWeekend August 10-13, 2009 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry - Level I Come for a focused time of training, equipping, and impartation through discipleship, personal ministry, and mentoring, led by Tommy Hays and the teaching team. We will study and experience a biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For Information or To Register: ClickHereToRegisterSchoolOfMinistry Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org