Thursday, June 04, 2009

Treasured and Loved 6-4-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I feed on Your Word and wait on Your Spirit. ... "For you are a people holy to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on earth to be His people, His treasured possession" (Deuteronomy 7:6). In Christ, I am Your treasured possession. I am grafted in to the tree of life, sealed in covenant relationship, and loved as child of God. All the "blessings of Abraham" are mine as I "receive the promise of the Spirit through faith" (Galatians 3:14). By Your grace, I have chosen You and You have chosen me; I love You because You first love me (1 John 4:19). With my hope and trust in You -- my Father, my Friend, my Savior, my Lord -- I am "marked with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit; this is the pledge of (my) inheritance toward redemption as God's own people, to the praise of (Your) glory" (Ephesians 1:13-14). For several days, I've had the joy of being with old friends, sharing prayers and meals in their homes and hearts, along the way of my ministry engagements in Texas, back where my journey of ministry began. And among the laughter and tears, as we share our stories of both rejoicing and pain, I praise You for the blessing of friendship and the bond of love with those with whom I can trust my heart. Friends are like family You get to choose. And though I've been going through a hard season of much pain in my personal life, the comfort and hugs of my faithful friends, here and at home, make me feel treasured and chosen and loved. And I know that comes from You. Every good and perfect gift comes from You (James 1:17). And to be treasured and loved as a friend is one of Your greatest gifts of all. Thank You, dear Lord, for allowing me the blessing of this priceless, treasured gift. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'm in Corpus Christi, Texas for a few days to receive my annual appointment from my Bishop to continue my ministry (1 Timothy 3:1). Though Messiah Ministries is an ecumenical ministry serving people in prayer ministry from all the diverse streams of the Body of Christ, I'm personally under appointment as an ordained United Methodist minister to this ministry the Lord led me to found and lead. Corpus Christi is where I was practicing law as a when the Lord called me into this new season of ministry about sixteen years ago. So it's been great to spend time with old friends in Austin, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi before heading home to Kentucky. God bless you and thank you for walking with me as friends in prayer along the journey! Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org