Monday, July 06, 2009

Tongues of Fire 7-6-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak Lord, for Your servant is listening. Lead Lord, for Your servant is following. ... "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you.... Divided tongues, as of fire, appeared among them, and a tongue rested on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit.... They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. Awe came upon everyone, because many wonders and signs were being done by the apostles" (Acts 1:8 - 2:43). The young people literally saw tongues of fire resting on one another's heads as they kept worshipping late into the night the last night of our Aldersgate Renewal Ministries' Conference of the Holy Spirit. Many of the kids saw a pillar of fire and someone even has it photographed on their cell phone camera. And while that was happening next door, I was answering the altar call for pastors to come receive a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit for His power in ministry and renewal of the Church. With other pastors and leaders, I found myself on my knees and then my face, trembling with surges of God's purifying, anointing power. I felt like I was flopping like a fish plugged into a light socket, being electrocuted by the Holy Spirit. And everyone spoke of the Presence of God and the overwhelming sense of His enveloping love and peace and joy throughout this conference. Truly, awe came upon everyone as we worshiped our awesome God and continued to speak of the wonders and grace of Your abiding Presence. On the way home, I was thinking of the words one of the other speakers lead us to pray before he shared his message and story of the power of Your healing love in his life. He had suffered for ten years after having to have his stomach removed from sickness, then one day You recreated it within him as they prayed for him! It's a medically documented miracle. He led us to pray and believe that none of us would ever be the same after this meeting. I know I'm not. And in this coming season, I'm excited and expectant to see all You will continue to do in and through me and all who are willing and longing to be refreshed and renewed in Your Spirit for the purposes of Your Kingdom (Titus 3:5). I personally begin a few weeks of Sabbath rest now, as You ready me for this next season and begin to reveal to me all You have done -- or at least as much as I need to know and have the grace to receive. And though there may still be some painful areas of my personal life, I choose by Your grace to tenaciously embrace the deep peace and abiding Presence of Your Life by Your Spirit, continually filling me and resting upon me. This is Your promise of blessing and fulfillment of prophecy for all of us of every generation who are hungry and thirsty enough to receive it (Acts 2:39). So I do. And so we will "with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having the goodwill of all the people. And day by day the Lord (will continue to add to our) number those who are being saved" (Acts 2:46-47). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for all your prayers for me and my family and ministry. Please keep us in prayer for a time of rest this month. And please come join us in prayer and ministry as you are led. I know more every day how much our bond of prayer together in this journey is so important to the Lord's plans and redemption of all things in our lives. Thank you and God bless you! Please register on-line to come join us for these Messiah Ministries prayer ministry events later this summer: July 31-August 2, 2009 -- Healing Prayer Weekend at Cliffview Retreat Center in Lancaster, Kentucky led by Tommy Hays. You'll receive teaching and ministry in a peaceful, worshipful retreat setting: Spiritual Principles of Deep Healing— Explore God’s order in every dimension in spirit, soul, and body. Past hurts require healing to realize true freedom. It’s only God’s redemptive power that can bring us back to God’s created plan. Hindrances To Healing— Scripture provides principles that reveal possible barriers that hinder healing, freedom and wholeness. These given over to God, prepare the way for God’s powerful healing love. For Information or To Register: ClickHereToRegisterHealingWeekend August 10-13, 2009 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry - Level I Come for a focused time of training, equipping, and impartation through discipleship, personal ministry, and mentoring, led by Tommy Hays and the teaching team. We will study and experience a biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For Information or To Register: ClickHereToRegisterSchoolOfMinistry Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org