Friday, July 03, 2009

"Walking and Leaping and Praising God!" 7-3-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Surely the Presence of the Lord is in this place.... I welcome Your Presence here in my heart and throughout my day. ... "But Peter said, 'I have no silver or gold, but what I have I give you; in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, stand up and walk.' And he took him by the right hand and raised him up; and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. Jumping up, he stood and began to walk, and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God' " (Acts 3:6-8). Peter had no silver or gold to give. But what he had, he gave freely and powerfully in Your name. Lord, what really was it, what exactly was it that Peter had and that Peter gave to that man that day? As I watch and wait in the silence of surrender before You, seeking Your face and listening for Your voice, it seems I hear You say: "Peter gave to that man what I gave Peter -- the power of My love. My son and my disciple, Peter, didn't just keep walking and he didn't just look at the problem. Peter 'looked intently at him,' deep down into that man's heart and soul to see him as I see him -- healed and whole, free in Me, walking and leaping and praising God. That's how I saw Peter, even in his sin and brokenness and shame. That's how I saw him even before I empowered him with My Spirit from on high and set his heart ablaze with a passion for Me and for My people who are just as sinful and broken and ashamed as he was. But I restored him, redeeming his suffering into a display of My glory. The one who is forgiven much, loves much. The one who has received much, loves to give much. This is the power of My love. This is the power that made that man whole and free -- not only in his body, but also in his soul and spirit. He couldn't help but go into that temple walking and leaping and praising Me, all the while giving away what he had received. And you should have seen Peter and John, full of the faith and fire of My Spirit, walking and leaping and praising God, right there beside him." Yes, Lord. I've never seen that story quite like that before. Thank You for all the ways You've taken my sin and brokenness and shame, restored me and redeemed me, filled me with Your Spirit, and released me in the power of Your love to give away what You've poured into me. Freely have we received and freely are we to give (Matthew 10:8). There's much that I don't have and much that I wouldn't know what to do with it if I had it. But such as I have, I will give away in the name of Jesus. And the most precious gift I have to give, worth so much more than even silver or gold, is the power of Your love, living in me and flowing through me by Your Holy Sprit (Romans 5:5). So whether I rise up and walk into the temple or the marketplace, around the world or across the street, I'll go walking and leaping and praising God! In the Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep me in prayer today as the Lord continues to build His message in my spirit to share tonight at the Aldersgate Conference, based on healing of spirit, soul, and body from Acts 3. A recording will be available through Aldersgate Renewal Ministries: www.aldersgaterenewal.org I'll also be teaching two equipping sessions this afternoon: Healing Damaged Emotions and Developing a Healing Prayer Ministry. The Lord is also using this environment of community and love to refresh and renew me in spirit, soul, and body. Praise God! And thank you for all your prayers for me to get my book on healing prayer ministry finally done, Free to Be Like Jesus -- Transforming Power of Healing & Deliverance. It's finally here and available at the Conference! Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org